Tech Champions are talented students who have demonstrated a passion for Information and Communication Technologies and who have agreed to use their knowledge and skills to assist the school in its employment of ICTs. These students support staff and fellow students and, in doing so, improve their ICT knowledge and skill as well as developing their management and communication capabilities.
Why take on the role:
• learn new skills
• improve existing skills and knowledge
• build their personal communication and management capacity
• work with staff to have an authentic impact on the school’s engagement with technology
• demonstrate ‘real-world’ technology experience to universities, TAFE and prospective employers.
• actively promote the school values at all times, especially as they relate to proper use of technology
• take a leading role within the school, including have an input into the school’s technology strategy
• participate in regular meetings with the Tech Mentor
• assist with the organisation and management of technology
• mentor other students in technology use
• assist staff with the use of ICTs in the classroom.
Students are invited to apply for the Tech Champions program. Acceptance is based on technical competence and behaviour. Interested students should send an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org